In a continuation of the first successful conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences (1st CAJG), this year’s conference aims to bring geoscientists from all over the world to present and discuss their most recent findings. The 2nd CAJG will continue to publish the newest findings in the proceedings and some special issues by Springer, with a clear mission to drive greater North-South (Europe-Africa) scientific cooperation and to open doors to new and enriching collaborations with geoscientists based in Asia and the Americas. Research studies from the wide-ranging fields of earth sciences can be submitted for evaluation by the Conference Scientific Committee:
2nd Springer Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences
25 – 28 November 2019 in Sousse, Tunisia
Submission Deadline: 15 June 2019
Submission Template | Author Guidelines | Submission Platform
Three field trips are planned to some geological wonders of Tunisia (see Field Trips)
Of the course of 4 days, the conference, set in a stimulating environment in Sousse, Tunisia, will provide attendees an occasion to share their latest unpublished findings and to learn about the new studies. Many important scientists have already signed up to attend and will be sharing their latest research findings (see Keynote Speakers and Workshops below).
On 25 July 2019, authors of the accepted papers will be invited to register online. At the same time, registration will open to those wishing to attend the conference without presenting a paper, and for those wishing to publish a paper in the proceedings without attending the conference.
All short papers accepted after the pre-conference peer-review process will be published in the conference proceedings by Springer. The proceedings will be edited by international experts in the field. The proceedings of the 1st CAJG contains 700 short papers published in 10 topical volumes by Springer, which are now under evaluation for indexation in the Web of Science and Scopus.
The aim of the conference is to highlight the newest research. We plan to publish a set of high-quality topical collections (special issues) on cross-cutting themes of earth and environmental sciences. Authors of the best papers will be invited, after the conference, to submit an extended version of their papers to the following Springer journals:
- Arabian Journal of Geosciences (IF 0.8)
- Journal of Soils and Sediments (IF 2.6)
- International Journal of Earth Sciences (IF 2.2)
- Environmental Earth Sciences (IF 1.4)
- Journal of Arid Land (IF 1.4)
- Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology (indexed in ISI’s ESCI)
- Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration (indexed in ISI’s ESCI)
- Earth Systems and Environment (indexed in Scopus)
- Applied Water Science (indexed in ISI’s ESCI)
- Innovative Infrastructure Solutions (indexed in ISI’s ESCI)
- Mediterranean Geoscience Reviews (newly launched)
- SN Applied Sciences (newly launched)
These renowned scientists will be presenting their newest studies during the conference:
· Zhihua Zhang: Shandong University, Jinan, China
· Jianxiong Chen: Anadarko Petroleum, Houston, TX, USA
· Narasimman Sundararajan: Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
· Biswajeet Pradhan: University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia
· Domenico Doronzo: Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Spain
· Zeynal Abiddin Erguler: Dumlupinar University, Kutahya, Turkey
· Stefan Grab: School of Geography, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
· Broder J. Merkel: TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Freiberg, Germany
· Marina Rabineau: Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer, Université de Brest, France
· Murat Karakus: University of Adelaide, Australia
· Santanu Banerjee: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
· Beatriz Bádenas: University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
· François Roure: IFP – Energies Nouvelles, France
Two workshops are planned alongside the conference:
- From basin-scale to crustal and lithospheric architecture of the Maghrebides and their Atlasic-Saharan foreland: Needs for coupled deep seismic soundings and tomography
Conveners: Sami Khomsi, Hakim Gabtni and François Roure
- How to prepare a successful scientific paper
Convener: Nabil Khélifi
Immediately prior and after the conference, three field trips are planned to some geological wonders of Tunisia, offering to the attendees the chance to enjoy the wonders of the northern and southern parts of Tunisia and get involved in new experiences and sensations (see Field Trips).
Past Event – 1st CAJG
The 1st Springer Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences (CAJG 2018) attracted 450 scientists from 70 countries. Here, we invite you to discover the best moments of this memorable event (https://youtu.be/nD9lbfPSBRs).
We hope to meet you at the conference on the Mediterranean waterfront of Sousse!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee
Prof. A. Alamri (General Chairman) & Prof. F. Roure (Scientific Committee Chairman)
www.cajg.org / email@example.com