To offer solutions to environmental concerns and to make societies and decision makers aware of the importance of integrating environmental considerations into their respective activities, Springer and the Editors of Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration (EMJEI) invite you to take part at their biennial Mediterranean scientific gathering that aims at promoting the exchange of knowledge and fostering collaborations to improve the consistency of environmental management efforts:
2nd Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Environmental Integration (EMCEI)
10 – 13 October 2019 in Sousse, Tunisia
Submission Deadline: 15 May 2019
Author Guidelines | Submission Platform
Of the course of 4 days, the conference, set in a stimulating environment in Sousse, Tunisia, will provide attendees an occasion to share their latest unpublished findings and to learn about the new studies. Many important scientists have already signed up to attend and will be sharing their latest research findings (see keynote and plenary speakers below).
On 25 June 2019, authors of the accepted papers will be invited to register online. At the same time, registration will open to those wishing to attend the conference without presenting a paper, and for those wishing to publish a paper in the proceedings without attending the conference.
All short papers accepted after the pre-conference peer-review process will be published in the conference proceedings by Springer. The proceedings will be edited by international experts in the field. The proceedings of the 1st EMCEI published by Springer in 2017 was indexed in the Web of Science CPCI-S database.
The aim of the conference is to highlight the newest research. We plan to publish a set of high-quality topical collections (special issues) on cross-cutting themes of earth and environmental sciences. Authors of the best papers will be invited, after the conference, to submit an extended version of their papers to the following Springer journals:
- Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration (indexed in ISI’s ESCI and submitted to Scopus)
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research (IF 2.8)
- Arabian Journal of Geosciences (IF 0.8)
- Regional Environmental Change (IF 2.8)
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (IF 1.8)
- 3 Biotech (IF 1.4)
- Applied Water Science (indexed in ISI’s ESCI and submitted to Scopus)
- Nanotechnology for Environmental Engineering (submitted to ESCI and Scopus)
- Earth Systems and Environment (submitted to ESCI and indexed in Scopus)
- SN Applied Sciences (newly launched)
These renowned scientists will be presenting their newest studies during the conference:
· Abdeltif Amrane: University of Rennes 1, France
· Akissa Bahri: National Agricultural Institute of Tunisia (INAT), Tunisia
· Anthony Lehmann: University of Geneva, Switzerland
· Benigno Sánchez Cabrero: FOTOAIR-CIEMAT, Madrid, Spain
· Constantinos Cartalis: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
· Elena Xoplaki: Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, Germany
· Georgios Nikolopoulos: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
· Giulia Guerriero: University of Naples, Naples, Itlay
· Nachida Kasbadji Merzouk: Center of Renewable Energy Development, Algeria
· Philippe Michaud: Clermont-University PRES, Polytech Clermont-Ferrand, France
· Sami Rtimi: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
· Settimio Ferlisi: University of Salerno, Italy
· Sudip Chakraborty: University of Calabria, Rende, Italy
Four plenaries are planned alongside the conference:
· Essam Heggy: University of S. California & NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA
· Mokhtar Guizani: Hokkaido University, Japan
· Nabil Khélifi: Senior Editor, MENA program Springer, Germany
· Tarek Abichou: Florida State University, USA
Past Event – 1st EMCEI
The 1st Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Environmental Integration (EMCEI 2017) attracted 500 scientists from over 50 countries, and the conference proceedings were published by Springer in 2017. The proceedings provide a general and brief overview of research focusing on emerging environmental issues and challenges and their applications in the Euro-Mediterranean zone and surrounding regions. They contain over 580 carefully refereed short contributions from the conference. The proceedings are indexed in Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S).
Here, we invite you to discover this memorable event:
We hope to meet you at the conference on the Mediterranean waterfront of Sousse!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Contact : mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee
Prof. M. Ksibi (General Chairman) & Prof. A. da Costa Duarte (Scientific Committee Chairman)