The Debris Flow Association and the Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, invite you and your colleagues to participate in the 7th conference on Debris Flows: Disasters, Risk, Forecast, Protection, which will take place September 21-27, 2024, in Chengdu, China.
Debris flows in mountain regions cause significant damage for the economy and often lead to victims among local people. To solve the debris flow problems, experts from different countries are required to work together. The conferences on Debris Flows: Disasters, Risks, Forecast, Protection are among the forms of international cooperation. This conference in China is the 7th, it continues a series of conferences with the same name held in Pyatigorsk (2008), Moscow (2012), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (2014), Irkutsk and Arshan (2016), Tbilisi (2018), and Dushanbe and Khorog (2020; due to pandemic held in a reduced correspondence format).
The conference aims to explore the mechanism and prevention strategies of debris flow disasters under global climate change, and improve the theoretical and technical level of disaster prevention and mitigation.
• Deadline of the applications for participation in the Conference and for the abstract submission – February 1, 2024
• Deadline for article submission for conference proceedings – April 1, 2024
• Deadline for the payment of participation in the field seminar – June 1, 2024
• Arrival of participants to Chengdu and registration – September 22, 2024
• International Conference – September 23–25, 2024 (Chengdu)
• Field seminar – September 26-27, 2024
• Departure of participants of the International Conference – September 28, 2024
The first announcement about the conference is given in the attached file.
Welcome to the Conference!
Co-Chairmen of the Organizing Committee:
Kaiheng Hu, Sergey Chernomorets, Fangqiang Wei, Sven Fuchs