inoltriamo, in fondo al presente messaggio, il Programma del 19th Joint Geomorphological Meeting che si terrà a Buzau (Romania) dal 16 al 20 Maggio 2018. La scadenza per l’invio di abstracts è fissata al 28 Febbraio 2018. Un rappresentante, designato dal Consiglio Direttivo, mostrerà le ricerche dell’Associazione sui temi del Joint Meeting e guiderà la delegazione Aigeo.
Invitiamo tutti i Soci a partecipare all’evento e a darne comunicazione a questa Segreteria per coordinare al meglio la nostra presenza.
This is a gentle reminder concerning the 19th Joint Geomorphological Meeting which will take place in Buzau, Romania, between the 16th and the 20th of May, 2018.
Please find below some important info:
1. Conference website: http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/;
2. Extended abstract submission deadline - February 28: http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/programme/ ;
3. Extended abstract template & upload: http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/abstract/; abstracts will be written in English and will be published in a Conference Proceedings book with ISSN, available at the time of the Conference;
4. Early bird registration - April 15: http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/registration/ ; http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/programme/;
5. Oral and poster presentations: official language of the Conference is English. The posters should not exceed A0 format. The oral presentations should be given, preferably, in English (simultaneous translation will not be available).
6. Transportation of external participants to Buzău will be organized on Wednesday, May 16, 2018, from Bucharest city center and Bucharest-Otopeni Henri Coanda International Airport. As well, return transportation (Bucharest airport and city center) will be provided on Sunday, May 20 2018. Shuttle timing details will be provided following the registration.
7. Accommodation: for foreign participants, full packages consisting of registration, negotiated accommodation, field trips and transportation fees are provided. Bank transfer and on site (cash only) payment are available: http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/registration/. IMPORTANT: in order to take advantage of the limited number of negotiated accommodation prices, we kindly ask the foreign participants to confirm their attendance until February 28, so we should know the exact number of participants and their accommodation type (single, double, 3*, 4* preferences). After this date, accommodation will be booked personally by each participant.
8. Programme: a short programme is available here - http://sng.geomorfologie.ro/programme/; as you will notice, JGM may benefit of 5, 6, 11 or 15 oral presentations. The number could be assigned either following the review of the abstracts, or apriori, i.e. each country (Italy, France, Belgium, Greece) designates 1-2 orals, while the number of posters could be non-limited. All the posters will be presented during an EGU-like (2 minutes madness + personal attendance) afternoon.
If there would be other issues to discuss, please let me know!
Looking forward to seeing you in Vrancea seismic region!
On behalf of the Organizing Committee,
Mihai Micu, Ph.D.
Institute of Geography, Romanian Academy, Bucharest
President, Romanian Association of Geomorphologists
Secretary General, International Association of Geomorphologists